By Kayla Demint
A Dog Cupcake recipe to celebrate the pooch in your life.
Happy Birthday to my favorite meatball.
In the (almost) three years that I’ve had Albus I’ve learned so much:
- it’s possible to be both mad/find it funny when a dog does something they aren’t supposed to (how can you be mad at that face?!)
- dogs truly become a member of your family
- every pup has their own individual personality
Albus gets into mischief and hijinks with the best of them. He’s also one of the most unique dogs I’ve ever met. He’s very stubborn (I hear that about a lot of bullies) but also very loyal. Funny, energetic, sweet. He also isn’t super into cuddling but has to be within two feet of you at all times. He won’t just scarf down a treat or any food item, he has to carefully smell and inspect it (I think he gets that from his Ma).
I love him.
In honor of Albus’ third Birthday today, I made Birthday Pupcakes! What dog doesn’t deserve a cupcake on their birthday. These are a fun little treat for your pup on a birthday or special occasion. You could certainly change up the ingredients a little if your pup has any certain restrictions.
To hammy, my favorite little dude: Happy birthday! Treats on me tonight and always.
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup applesauce
- ¼ cup wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¼ cup peanut butter + more for frosting if desired
- ¼ cup chopped carrots
- optional: kibble
- In a bowl, whisk egg. Mix in applesauce and peanut butter. Combine well. Add in wheat flour and baking soda, combine. Add in chopped carrots.
- Optional: You can add in some kibble if you'd like.
- Bake at 375 for 15 minutes or until a knife or toothpick comes out clean after inserted.
I chose to go without but if you want a "frosting", I would spread with extra peanut butter or cream cheese.
Filed Under: Desserts, Dogs Tagged With: dog birthday, dog cupcake, dog cupcake recipe, dog recipes, easy cupcake recipe for dogs, French Bulldog, pupcake mix, pupcake recipe, pupcake recipe easy, pupcake recipe for dogs, pupcakes