A recipe for Shredded Beef Taquitos with Grilled Corn Salsa and Creamy Guacamole. An easy Mexican food recipe for a crowd.
Happy Monday! hope all you mama’s out there had a great Mother’s Day spent doing whatever you want with whoever you please. I spent it making lunch for my parents and accidentally completely overcooking chicken in the Instant Pot. Thankfully I also made a ham because otherwise I would’ve been the girl who served brick chicken to her Mom on Mother’s Day. But per usual, my Mom was gracious and loving and just happy to eat some brick chicken and ham. Mom’s are just the best.
Then I watched the Ducks game and thankfully they won! Yesterday my Dad mentioned that he always records live sports because he doesn’t want to watch if the team he likes loses, so he will record it and if they win, he will watch it because then he never has to experience the nerve racking heart pumping anxiety that comes in the third period with a one goal lead. Like Father like Daughter.
In other news, these Shredded Beef Taquitos are delicious. Some friends came over the other day to watch the NHL playoffs so I made Pink Grapefruit Margaritas and a big batch of Shredded Beef in the Instant Pot and then we whipped up these taquitos. PS they’re delicious. A texture lovers dream, crispy tortilla, creamy guac, corn salsa, cheese. V v good.
What’s everyone doing for dinner, right? I’ve been cooking so much lately! And mostly loving it. But then sometimes I get tired and just eat cheese and crackers for dinner haha #reallife
But tonight we’re going to teppan for a birthday celebration! So I’m looking forward to a relaxing dinner. Perfect for Monday!
Hope everyone has a great week xx
- 3 cups Shredded Beef (recipe here)
- 12-16 Corn Tortillas
- ¼ cup Olive Oil
- Grilled Corn on the Cob: 1 corn on the cob, grilled
- 1 jalapeno
- ¼ cup minced red onion
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp cumin
- juice of 1 lime
- ¼ cup minced cilantro
- Creamy Guacamole: 2 Avocados
- ½ cup Greek Yogurt
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 tspn salt
- For Topping:
- Cotija Cheese
- Crema, Greek Yogurt, Sour Cream
- Pickled Red Onions
- Grilled Corn Salsa (recipe above)
- Creamy Guacamole (recipe above)
- In a bowl, mix together all grilled corn salsa recipes. Put in the fridge. Let chill for at least 15 minutes (the longer you let it sit the more the flavors develop).
- In another bowl, mix all creamy guacamole ingredients together. Put in fridge until ready to serve.
- Add Shredded Beef to corn tortilla and roll tortilla up. Continue with all tortillas.
- Heat olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Add taquitos seam side down (where the tortilla ends) into the oil. Allow to cook until crispy about 2-3 minutes then flip. Keep cooking and flipping until all sides are crispy but not burnt.
- Once taquitos are cooked, top with creamy guacamole, grilled corn salsa, cotija cheese and other toppings of choice such as Pickled Red Onions or Crema.