Hey peeps. Let’s taco ’bout something.
Saturday mornings are kinda my favorite. It’s finally time to take a break from the chaos of the week, really enjoy a cup of coffee and sit down to a leisurely breakfast, preferably with friends or family. It’s what dreams are made of (literally… since I usually sleep in). This past Saturday, I had it in my mind that I wanted to make some killer breakfast tacos.
My present self would just like to pat my past self on the back for that great decision.
In my life, tacos are pretty much their own food group. I love the diversity of flavors and the ability to change a few components and have a completely new dish. These breakfast tacos are no exception and an absolute flavor bomb. They’re very versatile in that you can add whatever toppings you like, but I think this combination is a real winner.
The base for these tacos is chicken chorizo and egg, but they would likely be just as good with pork chorizo and egg whites if that’s your preference. For toppings, I went with Avocado, Radish, Cotija cheese, my Pickled Red Onions, cilantro and greek yogurt sauce. Salsa and lime juice would also be a great addition, but for me, these were the perfect balance of flavors.
Here’s to Saturdays, to tacos, and to good eats.
- 4–6 corn tortillas
- 1 pd chorizo (chicken or pork)
- 6 eggs
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1/4 cup sliced radish
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/2 cup cotija cheese
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce (I used Cholula)
- pickled red onions
- Heat skillet over medium-high heat. Add chorizo. While cooking, whisk eggs in a bowl. Once chorizo is cooked, lower heat to medium and add in whisked eggs, making sure to distribute evenly in pan. Cook until eggs are done.
- If not already done, while the chorizo and eggs are cooking, prepare the toppings: slice avocado, radish, chop up cilantro, grate cheese.
- Mix together greek yogurt and hot sauce for drizzling over tacos.
- Grill or heat up corn tortillas. (I grilled mine and they turned out beautifully, plus pretty grill marks!!)
- Assemble tacos and enjoy!