These Keto Stuffed Breakfast Biscuits are filled with eggs, sausage and cheese for a delicious low carb start to your day.
(If using Carbquik) 2 cups Carbquik
2/3 cups water (more if needed)
2 tbsp butter, melted
1 tbsp butter
1 lb breakfast sausage
1/2 yellow onion, diced
1/2 cup cheddar cheese
1/4 cup green onions (optional)
1 tsp smoked paprika (optional, I like the flavor this adds)
1–2 tbsp chili oil or 1 tsp hot sauce of choice (optional)
salt and pepper, to taste
To make filling:
- In a pan over medium heat, add 1 tbsp butter and then diced onion. Cook for 3 minutes until onion is starting to soften and become translucent.
- Add breakfast sausage to the pan. Break up with a spatula and cook 5-7 minutes until browned and cooked through.
Meanwhile, whisk eggs in a bowl. Add to the pan with sausage and onion once sausage is browned. Mix everything together.
- Cook until eggs are done and fluffy. Season with paprika, salt and pepper. Mix.
- Once eggs are cooked, remove pan from heat. Mix in green onions and chili oil or hot sauce (if using). Set aside.
To make stuffed biscuits:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- First, make your biscuit dough. In a bowl, combine 2 cups Carbquik and 2/3 cups water. Mix to combine but be careful not to over mix.
- Roll out biscuit dough using cling wrap or parchment paper then use a cup, bowl or metal ring mold to cut out circular shapes.
- Once your circles are cut, add a spoonful or two of the sausage mixture to them, top with a sprinkle of cheese. Top with other biscuit half. Press edges together (you can use a fork if necessary).
- Brush the tops of the biscuits with melted butter.
- Cook for 15 minutes until biscuits are flakey and golden brown.
- Top with chives, if desired.