These BBQ Brisket Sandwiches are the perfect use for some leftover brisket (or fresh)! Can also be made keto and low carb.
For the Keto buns (if using, can be replaced with whatever bun you prefer):
- 1 1/2 cups mozzarella
- 3 oz. cream cheese
- 1 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1 egg (whisked)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Italian seasoning
- sprinkle of sesame seeds
For the slaw:
- 2 cups coleslaw mix
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup sliced radishes
- 2 tbsp chopped green onions
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- Mayonnaise (dip or aioli (I used truffled ricotta dip))
- 1/2 cup arugula
- 1/4 cup pickled red onions
- cheese (if desired)
To make the buns:
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Add mozzarella and cream cheese to a bowl. Put in the microwave for one minute, take out and stir well then put it in the microwave for another minute and stir again.
- Add in almond flour, baking powder Italian seasoning and egg then mix to combine well. The dough might be a little wet but if it’s too wet and you can’t handle it, you can add a little more almond flour.
- (Optional) It can be helpful to warp the dough in Saran Wrap and toss in the freezer for about ten minutes. The dough is naturally sticky and this makes it easier to handle.
- Take the dough and break it into different pieces. Roll it into balls then flatten out into a bun sized shape.
- Sprinkle top with sesame seeds.
- Cook on parchment paper or a silicone baking mat so it doesn’t stick for 12-15 minutes at 425 degrees. Allow to sit for at least 5 minutes before slicing buns in half.
To make the slaw:
- Add mayonnaise and juice and zest of lemon to a bowl. Mix to combine well. Add in coleslaw mix, radishes and green onions. Combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
To assemble sandwiches:
- Slice bun in half. Spread with mayo, dip or aioli of your choice. Layer on brisket, arugula, slaw and pickled red onions. Enjoy!