A quick and easy keto Philly Cheesesteak Casserole recipe for a low carb twist on the original. Makes a delicious dinner! Keto, low carb, gluten free
- 1 lb thinly sliced sirloin or beef steak
- 1 red bell pepper (about 1 1/2 cups sliced)
- 1 yellow onion (about 1 cup sliced)
- 4 tbsp cream cheese
- 1/2 cup provolone or mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- parsley (for garnish)
- In a pan (I used cast iron) over medium heat, melt butter. Once melted, add in sliced onion and cook for 2-3 minutes until starting to soften. Add in bell pepper and cook another 2-3 minutes until starting to get some color.
- Add in steak and allow to cook until no longer pink and cooked through, about 5-8 minutes. Add garlic powder and salt and pepper, to taste.
- Once cooked, add in in cream cheese and heavy cream. Mix everything together well.
- If using cast iron, spread mixture evenly and then top with provolone or mozzarella. If using a non oven safe pan, transfer to an oven safe dish, spread out evenly and then top with the cheese.
- Put under broiler for 5-10 minutes (this will vary depending on your oven) until cheese is melty and a little bit browned.
- Top with parsley, if desired.