An easy, Chocolate Peanut Butter Lava Mug Cake recipe that makes a delicious keto or low carb dessert in under 5 minutes and under 500 calories to totally satisfy your sweet tooth!
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 large egg
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp heavy whipping cream
- 1 tbsp powdered stevia
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- Place your butter into your mug or ramekin, and microwave on high for 30 seconds or until almost completely melted.
- Using a hand beater or stand mixer, crack your egg and mix your heavy whipping cream into it. On a medium-high setting, beat the egg and cream together until aerated enough to see small bubbles forming. This is going to help your cake to form nicely in the absence of any kind of flour to help it along. Yes, it’s an extra step in the process that wouldn’t be necessary if we had our regular dose of almond flour and coconut flour, but think of the carbs we’re saving. Think of the peanut butter! The ooey, gooey peanut butter.
- Mix together your dry ingredients with the melted butter (stevia, cocoa, baking powder, salt), then add your egg and cream mixture, and your vanilla extract. Mix everything together furiously, making sure to get everything incorporated. The more air you can whip through your batter at this stage the better.
- Drop a tablespoon of peanut butter into the now-smooth chocolatey batter, right into the middle. Without making too much of a mess, you should try to push that dollop of peanut butter into the center of the mug, submerging it in the chocolate batter. The closer to the middle the peanut butter, the more encased it will be in our cake, and the more beautiful it will look for that “money shot” when you cut the cake open for inspection.
- Cook on high in your microwave for 60 seconds. If everything goes right, the cake should rise nicely without the addition of the almond flour. Once visibly cooked, turn your mug or ramekin gently upside down on your serving plate, and prepare for the moment of truth. If all has gone to plan, peanut butter lava should spill onto your plate when you take that first spoonful, and you’ll be taken straight to keto mug cake paradise.
Calories – 434 / Fat – 35g / Protein – 10.5g / Carbs – 7g
- Category: Dessert