This Crab Fries recipe makes a creamy and decadent crab mix over low carb and keto friendly fries for an indulgence you can feel good about!
For the fries:
- 1 1/2 cups mozzarella
- 3 oz cream cheese
- 1 1/4 cups almond flour
- 1 egg (whisked)
For the crab:
- 1 1/2 cups cooked crab meat
- 1/4 cup bell peppers (chopped* (I used yellow and orange))
- 1/4 cup red onion (minced)
- 1 lemon (juice and zest)
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried dill or 1/2 tbsp fresh
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- green onions for topping
To make fries:
- Add mozzarella and cream cheese to a microwave safe bowl. Put in the microwave for one minute, take out and stir then return to the microwave for another minute. Stir well to combine.
- Add almond flour and egg, mix to combine well. The dough will be a little wet but if it’s too wet and you can’t handle it, you can add a little more almond flour.
- (OptionaIt can be helpful to wrap the dough in Saran Wrap and toss in the freezer for about ten minutes. The dough is naturally sticky and this makes it easier to handle.
- Roll the dough flat with a rolling pin or with a piece of plastic wrap on top into a rectangle like shape. With a knife or pizza cutter, cut 1/2″ slices (the length of a fry).
- Add to a pan over medium heat with oil of choice (I like to use Avocado oil for the high smoking point). It should only take a few minutes per side to cook until it gets to be a nice golden brown. Keep a close eye though because it can burn quickly. Also, make sure you don’t flip too soon. When they’re ready, they’ll easily lift out of the pan to flip!
- Once the fries are done cooking, immediately sprinkle them with a good helping of salt.
To make crab:
- In a bowl, mix mayonnaise (or greek yogurt), lemon zest and juice, garlic powder and dill. Mix well. Add in bell peppers and red onion. Mix well. Add in the crab and gently mix together. Season with salt and pepper.
- You can serve the crab cold, at room temp or warm. If you want to warm it up, simply place the crab mixture in a pan with a little bit of butter over medium-low to gently heat it without overcooking.
To assemble crab fries:
- Top fries with crab mixture. Add green onions for serving (if desired). Enjoy!