- For the dough:
- 2 cups grated or thinly sliced zucchini*
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 1/2 cup almond meal/flour
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 bell pepper (I used yellow), minced
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon garlic
- salt and pepper, to taste
- For the toppings:
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 5 eggs, whisked
- 1 cup sausage, pre-cooked (I used a chicken apple sausage)
- 1/2 cup cheese of choice (I used a sharp white cheddar)
- 1/4 cup chives
- For “dough”, mix together all ingredients in a bowl until mixture is well incorporated. The mix should be relatively thick, if not, add more almond meal/flour or an extra egg.
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees. Line pizza pan with parchment paper, lightly grease and put mixture on top, flattening and patting it out into the shape of pizza crust.
- Put in oven for 10-15 minutes until crust starts to brown.
- While crust is cooking, softly and gently scramble eggs in butter, being careful not to brown. Cook for 2 minutes then add chives and cheese. Cook until almost done but not completely set.
- Once crust has cooked, top with scrambled egg, sausage, any other topping of choice and more cheese if you like.
- Put back in oven for another 10-15 minutes until browned to your liking. Serve.
Note: if zucchini has a lot of extra moisture, put in paper towel and squeeze out excess or it will make the dough soggy.
Note 2: other toppings would also work deliciously so feel free to mix it up. Think bacon, avocado, tomatoes, whole eggs (not scrambled), mushrooms, different types of cheese, etc.