Quick and easy Creamy Chicken Tortilla Soup made in the Instant Pot.
- 1 cup yellow onion, chopped
- 1 cup bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup small cauliflower florets
- 2 lbs boneless chicken thighs
- 4 oz. cream cheese
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 3–4 cups chicken stock
- 1 28 oz. can fire roasted tomatoes (or 2 Tomato boullion cubes)
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tbsp each: smoked paprika, cumin, red pepper, garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- Tortilla (use low carb tortilla for keto)
- For topping: avocado, sour cream, green onion, cilantro, lime wedges
- Turn the Instant Pot on Sautee. Add in 1 tbsp olive oil, then add onion, bell pepper and carrots. Cook until starting to soften, about 5-10 minutes.
- Add in chicken thighs and 1 cup chicken stock. Turn Instant Pot on poultry setting add raise time to 18 minutes. Let the Instant Pot come to pressure.
- You can manually or naturally release pressure.
- Open the pot and add in fire roasted tomatoes OR 2 tomato boullion cubes. Add in 2 more cups of chicken stock plus cauliflower florets. Add in paprika, cumin, red pepper, garlic.
- Put Instant Pot on soup setting. Let manually release. Open lid, turn Instant Pot on saute setting. When soup starts to bubble, add in cream cheese and allow to melt into soup, stirring frequently or it will clump. Add in heavy cream and mix in well.
- Add in juice of 1 lime. Stir. If soup is too thick, add in one more cup of chicken stock.
- In a separate pan, add 2 tbsp olive over medium heat. Thinly slice tortillas into ribbons and add to pan, cook until crispy.
- For serving: add soup to bowls, top with tortilla crisps and favorite toppings such as cheese, sour cream, lime juice, avocado, etc.