Delicious fries loaded with steak, gruyere, parmsan asiago and topped with arugula.
- 4 cups cooked French fries or Keto fries* (see notes)
- 1/4 tbsp chopped rosemary (optional)
- 1 lb leftover steak (I used a New York steak seasoned with Hardcore Carnivore Black and cooked to medium rare)
- 1 tbsp fried garlic (Thinly slice garlic and fry in 1 tbsp oil until lightly brown)
- 1/2 cup gruyere cheese
- 1/4 cup parmesan asiago dip (like this or read notes for recipe))
- 1 cup chopped arugula
- 2 tbsp cherry peppers
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Layer fries on a baking sheet (I like to line it with parchment paper for easy clean up) and then top with rosemary, fried garlic, parmesan asiago dip, steak, cherry peppers and gruyere.
- Cook in the oven for 5-7 minutes until the cheesy has melted. (You can also broil for a few minutes if you like).
- Top with arugula. Dig in!
For Keto Fries:
Use jicama fries or make these low carb fries:
1 1/2 cups mozzarella
3 oz cream cheese
1 1/4 cups almond flour
1 egg whisked
To make fries:
Add mozzarella and cream cheese to a microwave safe bowl. Put in the microwave for one minute, take out and stir then return to the microwave for another minute. Stir well to combine.
Add almond flour and egg, mix to combine well. The dough will be a little wet but if it’s too wet and you can’t handle it, you can add a little more almond flour.
(OptionaI: it can be helpful to wrap the dough in Saran Wrap and toss in the freezer for about ten minutes. The dough is naturally sticky and this makes it easier to handle.)
Roll the dough flat with a rolling pin or with a piece of plastic wrap on top into a rectangle like shape. With a knife or pizza cutter, cut 1/2″ slices (the length of a fry).
Add to a pan over medium heat with oil of choice (I like to use Avocado oil for the high smoking point). It should only take a few minutes per side to cook until it gets to be a nice golden brown. Keep a close eye though because it can burn quickly. Also, make sure you don’t flip too soon. When they’re ready, they’ll easily lift out of the pan to flip!
Once the fries are done cooking, immediately sprinkle them with a good helping of salt.
- Category: Main Course
- Cuisine: American