- 5 radishes
- apple cider vinegar or white wine vinegar*
- 1 teaspoon salt
- optional: 1 teaspoon sugar*
- 2 teaspoons flavoring: minced garlic, bay leaf, peppercorn, etc.
- Slice radishes very thinly, either by a mandolin or with a knife.
- I didn’t parboil the radishes but a lot of people do so if you would like to, bring a pot of water to a boil. Once boiling, pour water over radishes in a colander/strainer.
- Put onions into a container, I have used mason jars, sealable glass jars, etc. Don’t use plastic.
- Add in any flavorings you are using then pour the vinegar over the top covering the radishes.
*Apple cider vinegar tends to be a little sweeter and is what I used.
*The sugar will also take away some of the bite.
**Parboiling takes some of the bite out of the radishes.