- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 tbsp butter (if cooking in a pan)
- 1 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2–4 tbsp chopped pimentos (more if you want it hotter)
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 4 buns of choice (or lettuce)
- butter lettuce (or iceberg)
- (optional) other favorite burger toppings
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In a bowl, mix together cheddar cheese, mayonnaise, pimentos, onion powder, garlic butter. Place in fridge.
- Form ground beef into four similarly sized hamburger patties. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Make a small indent with your finger in the middle of each (this helps even cooking).
- If cooking in a pan, add butter and then add in patties. Cook, flipping once or twice, until they’re all the way cooked through or desired level of doneness, around 10 minutes.
- Warm up buns.
- To assemble: lay lettuce leaf on bottom bun, place patty on top. Spread pimento cheese on. Place on top bun. Enjoy!
To make keto/paleo: omit bun and use butter lettuce, romaine lettuce, etc as bun. Or wrap in swiss chard leaves.