- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb italian sausage (ground or sausages out of casing)
- 2 slices bacon
- 1/2 cup yellow onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup celery, chopped
- 1/2 cup carrot, chopped
- 1 tbsp dried thyme
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 28 oz can chopped tomatoes
- 2 tbsp parsley
- 2 tbsp basil
- 1/4 cup parmesan
- 1 spaghetti squash (5 cups spaghetti squash noodles)
- Heat a dutch oven or pan over medium-high. Add the two slices of bacon and cook until the fat has started rendering, about 2 minutes. Add the onion, cooking for about two minutes.
- Add the carrot and celery, continue stirring, until the vegetables start to become translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add ground beef and italian sausage. Add thyme. Break up ground beef and sausage with a wooden spoon or spatula. Cook until no longer red.
- Add white wine and then add milk. Stir to combine. Add in the chopped tomatoes and stir to combine.
- Lower the heat to medium-low. Let the sauce simmer for 30 minutes, removing some of the fat that comes to the surface every once in awhile.
- Add the parsley and basil, stir.
- For the spaghetti squash noodles, you can cook the spaghetti squash by following the directions here. Or to use your Instant Pot:
- Cut the Spaghetti Squash in half lengthwise. Scoop out the seeds. Put it in the Instant Pot with one cup of water. Set it to high pressure for 5 minutes. When the timer goes off, release pressure. Scrape the insides of the spaghetti squash with a fork to get “noodles”.
- Serve the Bolognese over the Spaghetti Squash and top with parmesan and more basil if desired.