Today I’m showing you how to make three different steak canapés that are easy to make, delicious and sure to please your guests … or yourself!
- 1 baguette or bread of choice
- 1 lb steak (I used New York)
- slices of Swiss cheese (1/2-1 slice per canapé)
- 2 cups of arugula
- 2 tbsp cherry peppers
- 1/2 cup crumbled gorgonzola cheese
- 1/2 cup whole garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp horseradish
- 1 cup sour cream
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 1–2 Avocados
- lemon pepper seasoning
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Slice baguette or bread of choice and lay out on a baking sheet. Bake in oven for 10 minutes until warm and slightly crisp (this will help the bread hold up to your toppings).
- Cook steak according to your preference. I like medium rare so I cook in a pan with butter and rosemary for 5 minutes each side until a thermometer reads 130 then I let it rest for 10 minutes.
- In another pan over medium heat, add a tablespoon of butter and toss in garlic cloves allowing them to fry in the butter. Shake the pan frequently so the garlic doesn’t burn. Once they’re golden brown, remove from pan and thinly slice pieces of garlic and set aside.
- In a bowl, mix together horseradish and sour cream. Season with salt and pepper.
- Take bread out of the oven and assemble your canapés.
- NY Steak, Swiss cheese, Arugula, Cherry Peppers, Gorgonzola – layer Swiss cheese on bread then top with steak, arugula, cherry peppers and gorgonzola cheese
- NY Steak, horseradish cream, fried garlic and chives – spread horseradish cream on baguette, layer on steak, thinly sliced fried garlic and chives
- NY Steak, Avocado, lemon pepper – mash avocado onto baguette, season with salt and lemon pepper then top with steak