Today I’m showing you how to make three different steak canapés which are easy to make, delicious and a great recipe for holiday parties!
Steak Canapés Three Ways
I love little bites of things. There’s something about trying a few different flavors that feels fun and exciting. Like a party for your tastebuds!
Speaking of parties, these steak canapés would be a great appetizer for any parties you might be having–especially with the holidays coming up!
I’m showing you how to make three canapés today:
- Steak with Arugula, Cherry Peppers, Swiss & Gorgonzola
- Steak with Horseradish Cream, Fried Garlic & Chives
- Steak on Avocado Toast
All three are good and have different flavor profiles!
Of course, I like the topping ideas I’ve provided but definitely feel free to mix things up and get creative with topping options. Another idea, especially if you’re having a party, is to simply lay out baguette or bread with a bunch of different toppings and let your guests choose themselves!
I think having a canapé board could be so fun and let everyone get to put there’s together the way that they like it!
You could add different types of proteins, different cheeses, toppings and you could also change the bread if you want.Print
Today I’m showing you how to make three different steak canapés that are easy to make, delicious and sure to please your guests … or yourself!
- 1 baguette or bread of choice
- 1 lb steak (I used New York)
- slices of Swiss cheese (1/2-1 slice per canapé)
- 2 cups of arugula
- 2 tbsp cherry peppers
- 1/2 cup crumbled gorgonzola cheese
- 1/2 cup whole garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp horseradish
- 1 cup sour cream
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 1–2 Avocados
- lemon pepper seasoning
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Slice baguette or bread of choice and lay out on a baking sheet. Bake in oven for 10 minutes until warm and slightly crisp (this will help the bread hold up to your toppings).
- Cook steak according to your preference. I like medium rare so I cook in a pan with butter and rosemary for 5 minutes each side until a thermometer reads 130 then I let it rest for 10 minutes.
- In another pan over medium heat, add a tablespoon of butter and toss in garlic cloves allowing them to fry in the butter. Shake the pan frequently so the garlic doesn’t burn. Once they’re golden brown, remove from pan and thinly slice pieces of garlic and set aside.
- In a bowl, mix together horseradish and sour cream. Season with salt and pepper.
- Take bread out of the oven and assemble your canapés.
- NY Steak, Swiss cheese, Arugula, Cherry Peppers, Gorgonzola – layer Swiss cheese on bread then top with steak, arugula, cherry peppers and gorgonzola cheese
- NY Steak, horseradish cream, fried garlic and chives – spread horseradish cream on baguette, layer on steak, thinly sliced fried garlic and chives
- NY Steak, Avocado, lemon pepper – mash avocado onto baguette, season with salt and lemon pepper then top with steak
Did you make this recipe?
I love seeing your pictures!