- 2 avocados
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- 1 full egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 – 1 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- optional: 2 tablespoons flour
- avocado or olive oil cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut Avocado in half. Peel off skin. Cut thick Avocado slices.
- To prepare dipping station, lightly beat egg in a bowl. Put panko breadcrumbs (and flour if using), lemon zest, paprika, onion powder and garlic powder on a plate, make sure to mix until well combined.
- Take Avocado slices, dip into egg, letting excess drip off, then roll in breadcrumbs, again letting excess fall off. Continue doing with all slices.
- Place on oiled baking sheet or oiled wire rack on top of a baking sheet. (Either will work, if you use the wire rack you don’t need to flip the fries). Once all assembled, spray with cooking spray. This helps get them nice and crisp.
- Cook at 400 degrees for about 15 minutes, until desired crispiness. If they’re on a baking sheet with no wire rack, you can flip at about the half way mark to ensure ultimate crispiness on both sides.
- For dipping: Put egg in bowl and whisk until creamy, then add greek yogurt and mix together thoroughly. Add juice of 1 lemon, and stir in olive oil very slowly. Add fresh cracked black pepper and finely chopped cilantro.
Note: Most people add some flour to their mixture. I don’t like to because I try not to add a lot of flour to most things but it does make these a little more coated. If I do add flour, I usually use almond flour.Welcome to EditPad.org – your online plain text editor. Enter or paste your text here. To download and save it, click on the button below.