This low carb Bacon Cheeseburger Casserole recipe is an easy ground beef casserole for an easy and healthy weeknight dinner. Low carb, keto friendly, gluten free
- 1 lb ground bee for hamburger patties
- 6 strips bacon
- 1 yellow onion medium
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tsp mustard powder (optional)
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 2 cups riced cauliflower
- banana peppers (optional)
- cheese (I used a mix of cheddar and Monterey Jack, feel free to use whatever you like here)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Toppings of choice: ketchup, mustard, pickles, avocado, ranch dressing, parsley
- Cut bacon into small chunks and cook in pan over medium heat until just starting to get crispy. Mince yellow onion and add to pan, cooking until beginning to turn translucent. Add in garlic and stir, then add in ground beef and cook for 7-8 minutes until ground beef is no longer red and cooked through.
- Lightly grease a baking pan with oil or butter and add in riced cauliflower, ground beef mixture, tomato paste, mustard powder and banana peppers (if using). Top with cheese.
- Cook at 400 degrees for 10-15 minutes until cheese is melted and bubbly. If you like a crispier cheese on top, broil for 5 minutes after to get the cheese nice and brown.
You can omit the mustard powder and the banana peppers if you like. I just think they add nice flavor.