This low carb Bacon Cheeseburger Casserole recipe is an easy ground beef casserole for an easy and healthy weeknight dinner. [Low carb, keto friendly, gluten free]
Did you have a good nice long holiday weekend? I love these long weekends but I always feel like a hangover come Tuesday. Maybe I do. Maybe that’s why I’m writing this on Wednesday instead of Tuesday.
In any case, I had a great long weekend full of all of my favorite things: food, drinks, friends, puppies, the pool, etc.
Speaking of food, let’s talk about cheeseburgers. There is nothing more quintessentially Summer to me than a good ol’ cheeseburger.
So today we’re doing a riff on the cheeseburger and turning it into this Bacon Cheeseburger Casserole because not only does it still have the cheeseburger flavor we all know and love but it also couldn’t be easier to make.
You basically just cook a couple things, throw it in a casserole dish, stick it in the oven and then forget about it until the kitchen timer goes off and you’re ready to eat!
As much as I love some of the crazier more time intensive recipes, I’m always down for a good casserole recipe that means less dishes, less time and more fun and food for all those involved.
Casseroles typically mean leftovers too which I’m always a fan of.Print
This low carb Bacon Cheeseburger Casserole recipe is an easy ground beef casserole for an easy and healthy weeknight dinner. Low carb, keto friendly, gluten free
- 1 lb ground bee for hamburger patties
- 6 strips bacon
- 1 yellow onion medium
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tsp mustard powder (optional)
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 2 cups riced cauliflower
- banana peppers (optional)
- cheese (I used a mix of cheddar and Monterey Jack, feel free to use whatever you like here)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Toppings of choice: ketchup, mustard, pickles, avocado, ranch dressing, parsley
- Cut bacon into small chunks and cook in pan over medium heat until just starting to get crispy. Mince yellow onion and add to pan, cooking until beginning to turn translucent. Add in garlic and stir, then add in ground beef and cook for 7-8 minutes until ground beef is no longer red and cooked through.
- Lightly grease a baking pan with oil or butter and add in riced cauliflower, ground beef mixture, tomato paste, mustard powder and banana peppers (if using). Top with cheese.
- Cook at 400 degrees for 10-15 minutes until cheese is melted and bubbly. If you like a crispier cheese on top, broil for 5 minutes after to get the cheese nice and brown.
You can omit the mustard powder and the banana peppers if you like. I just think they add nice flavor.
Did you make this recipe?
I love seeing your pictures!