This recipe for Bacon Wrapped Jalapeño Popper Meatloaf is easy, delicious and wrapped in a bacon weave! Keto, low carb, gluten free
- 1 lb ground beef
- 8 slices of bacon (see notes)
- 1/2 white onion
- 1–2 jalapeños
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup cream cheese (room temp)
- 1 tbsp favorite steak or bbq seasoning
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Dice white onion and jalapeños (use as much as you like depending on how hot you like it!) Remove the seeds from the jalapeños unless you like it spicy.
- (Optional but my preferred way) In a pan over medium heat, cook diced white onion until just starting to brown. You can also cook the jalapeno, if desired.
- In a bowl, combine cream cheese, cheddar cheese, minced jalapeno and white onion. Mix well to combine.
- On a silicone mat on a baking sheet, lay out 4 slices of bacon in a row, then weave the other 4 pieces of bacon through these like a weave, going over and under every other time. (See photo)
- Season bacon weave with your favorite steak or bbq seasoning.
- Lay ground beef on top of the bacon weave, creating a thin layer. Season with your favorite steak or bbq seasoning.
- Layer the cream cheese mixture on top of the ground beef, leaving about 1/2″ on all sides.
- Once the cream cheese is layered on, take the two sides of the meatloaf and bring together, almost rolling it, until you can wrap the ends of the bacon on the other side to “close” the bacon around the ground beef.
- Bake at 375 for 25-30 minutes until ground beef is cooked through. I recommend broiling for 7-10 minutes after to get the bacon crispy).