This recipe for Bacon Wrapped Jalapeño Popper Meatloaf is easy, delicious and wrapped in a bacon weave! Keto, low carb, gluten free
I mean, did I wrap this meatloaf in a bacon weave? Yes I did. Is it a little over the top? Yes it is. Is it completely necessary? No it’s not. But is it delicious? Yes most definitely.
So I would recommend it.
Also who doesn’t want to weave bacon… it’s quite fun.
And then after I wrapped a meatloaf in bacon, well actually before, I stuffed it with all the fixins for jalapeno poppers. Like, cream cheese, jalapeños, cheddar. All mixed up and then coated in beef for one crazy meatloaf.
This was one of those science experiment type ideas that sounds like it could be a really good idea in your head, mixing everything you love together right? Fortunately, the flavors do work really well together.
My one criticism, if I may, is that it can be a tad messy, so just prepare yourself and then move on and eat it because it’s delicious!
This would be awesome for game day, or any other day you just need something good in your life.
What I Used to make this Recipe
Silicone Baking Sheet
I’d recommend baking the bacon for a little bit before you add the meatloaf just so that the inside can get a little crispy. This helps a lot texturally. However, it’s not necessary and it’ll still be delicious either way.
Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Popper Meatloaf
- 1 lb ground beef
- 8 slices of bacon see notes
- 1/2 white onion
- 1-2 jalapeños
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup cream cheese room temp
- 1 tbsp favorite steak or bbq seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Dice white onion and jalapeños (use as much as you like depending on how hot you like it!) Remove the seeds from the jalapeños unless you like it spicy.
- (Optional but my preferred way) In a pan over medium heat, cook diced white onion until just starting to brown. You can also cook the jalapeno, if desired.
- In a bowl, combine cream cheese, cheddar cheese, minced jalapeno and white onion. Mix well to combine.
- On a silicone mat on a baking sheet, lay out 4 slices of bacon in a row, then weave the other 4 pieces of bacon through these like a weave, going over and under every other time. (See photo)
- Season bacon weave with your favorite steak or bbq seasoning.
- Lay ground beef on top of the bacon weave, creating a thin layer. Season with your favorite steak or bbq seasoning.
- Layer the cream cheese mixture on top of the ground beef, leaving about 1/2" on all sides.
- Once the cream cheese is layered on, take the two sides of the meatloaf and bring together, almost rolling it, until you can wrap the ends of the bacon on the other side to "close" the bacon around the ground beef.
- Bake at 375 for 25-30 minutes until ground beef is cooked through. I recommend broiling for 7-10 minutes after to get the bacon crispy).
Did you make this recipe?
I love seeing your pictures!