Brisket Pizza recipe with cherry peppers and arugula, cooked on a smoker or in your oven for a delicious flavor combo! (Low carb, ketogenic, gluten free)
- 1 pizza crust of choice (I used my favorite Low Carb/Keto Crust)
- 1/2 cup leftover brisket
- 1/4 cup cherry peppers
- 1/4 cup chopped arugula
- 1/2 yellow onion (sliced (optional))
- 1/2 – 1 cup Cheddar Cheese (we used Hatch Chile Cheddar)
- 1/4 cup Ricotta Cheese (we used Black Truffle Ricotta dip*)
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
To assemble pizza:
- Cook sliced onions in a pan with oil or butter for about 15 minutes until nice and caramelized.
- We pre-bake the crust so that it doesn’t stick to the big green egg/grill/pizza oven or so that it’s done along with the toppings in the oven. For the low carb crust, we usually pre-bake for 10 minutes until it’s just slightly underdone.
- Once it comes out of the oven, spread the ricotta all over the crust and then sprinkle with the Italian seasoning.
- Add the caramelized onions, if using, then add the cheddar cheese. Top the cheese with the brisket and cherry peppers.
To Cook pizza in the oven:
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Put pizza in oven on a baking sheet or pizza stone and cook for 10 minutes until toppings are warmed and cheese is melted.
To Cook pizza on a big green egg/grill/pizza oven:
- Get temps to 500 or up to 700 degrees. (Anywhere is good, 700 will just cook even faster).
- Add wood of your choice (we use a little post oak over our charcoathen place pizza inside on the grates (we elevate our grates higher than the cooking surface (see photo).
- Cook for 7-10 minutes until cheese is melty (I like it to just start turning brown).
- Once pizza is cooked, top with chopped arugula.
We use the truffled ricotta dip as the base for the pizza. You can also use regular ricotta, pizza sauce, bbq sauce, olive oil or garlic and herb butter. Any of those would taste good!
I love the caramelized onions on this but you can easily omit if they’re not to your liking.
For the low carb crust, there is already cheese inside of it, so we don’t use as much cheese on top of the pizza. If you want more cheese, feel free to use more.
- Category: Main Course
- Cuisine: American