Brisket Pizza recipe with cherry peppers and arugula on a low carb crust, cooked on a smoker or in your oven for a delicious flavor combo! (Low carb, ketogenic, gluten free)
If you haven’t yet seen, I recently got a Big Green Egg (smoker) and since then, have pretty much been cooking up a storm on it. All kinds of things. It’s been glorious, to say the least.
So the great thing about a Big Green Egg is you can use it as a smoker but you can also use it as a grill and it can get temps up to 700+ which means that it also turns into a perfect cooking vessel for pizza.
So here, I smoked a brisket (my first ever!!) and then I had to figure out what to do with the ten pounds of leftovers. PS there’s two of us in this house so this was a LOT of brisket to get through.
I asked myself, “Self, what to do with leftover brisket?” and then we had a culinary feast.
So far we’ve eaten the brisket plain and just sliced, we’ve had tacos, brisket enchiladas, brisket quesadillas, brisket and eggs and now a brisket pizza!
Honestly, it’s been a fun, brisket filled adventure. Brisket really does make a great protein for all sorts of applications.
To make this pizza, we threw it on the Egg again and then there were some great smoky notes in the crust and the toppings. However, I know a lot of people do not have a smoker at their disposal so this would be excellent cooked in the oven as well!
The flavor combo really goes well together–the brisket, the subtle sweetness of the cherry peppers and then the nice bite of arugula. I made ours on my favorite low carb pizza crust recipe but feel free to use whatever suits your fancy!
Pizza Friday is definitely becoming a thing over here and this is definitely one to keep in the rotation 🙂 🙂Print
Brisket Pizza recipe with cherry peppers and arugula, cooked on a smoker or in your oven for a delicious flavor combo! (Low carb, ketogenic, gluten free)
- 1 pizza crust of choice (I used my favorite Low Carb/Keto Crust)
- 1/2 cup leftover brisket
- 1/4 cup cherry peppers
- 1/4 cup chopped arugula
- 1/2 yellow onion (sliced (optional))
- 1/2 – 1 cup Cheddar Cheese (we used Hatch Chile Cheddar)
- 1/4 cup Ricotta Cheese (we used Black Truffle Ricotta dip*)
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
To assemble pizza:
- Cook sliced onions in a pan with oil or butter for about 15 minutes until nice and caramelized.
- We pre-bake the crust so that it doesn’t stick to the big green egg/grill/pizza oven or so that it’s done along with the toppings in the oven. For the low carb crust, we usually pre-bake for 10 minutes until it’s just slightly underdone.
- Once it comes out of the oven, spread the ricotta all over the crust and then sprinkle with the Italian seasoning.
- Add the caramelized onions, if using, then add the cheddar cheese. Top the cheese with the brisket and cherry peppers.
To Cook pizza in the oven:
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Put pizza in oven on a baking sheet or pizza stone and cook for 10 minutes until toppings are warmed and cheese is melted.
To Cook pizza on a big green egg/grill/pizza oven:
- Get temps to 500 or up to 700 degrees. (Anywhere is good, 700 will just cook even faster).
- Add wood of your choice (we use a little post oak over our charcoathen place pizza inside on the grates (we elevate our grates higher than the cooking surface (see photo).
- Cook for 7-10 minutes until cheese is melty (I like it to just start turning brown).
- Once pizza is cooked, top with chopped arugula.
We use the truffled ricotta dip as the base for the pizza. You can also use regular ricotta, pizza sauce, bbq sauce, olive oil or garlic and herb butter. Any of those would taste good!
I love the caramelized onions on this but you can easily omit if they’re not to your liking.
For the low carb crust, there is already cheese inside of it, so we don’t use as much cheese on top of the pizza. If you want more cheese, feel free to use more.
- Category: Main Course
- Cuisine: American
Did you make this recipe?
I love seeing your pictures!