- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup shredded carrots
- 2 1/2 cups small cauliflower florets
- 2 cups shredded chicken
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup hot sauce (I use Cholula or Franks – use more for more heat)
- 4 cups sharp cheddar cheese
- 3 oz. cream cheese
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese crisps (optional)
- green onions for topping
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Set a pot of water on the stove to boil. Once water is boiling, add in cauliflower. Cook for 3-5 minutes until starting to get soft but not mushy. Immediately drain.
- In a cast iron skillet (or regular), heat 1/2 tbsp butter. Add in yellow onion and cook for two minutes until fragrant. Add in carrots and cook for five minutes, stirring occasionally. Add in cream cheese and let melt, then add in 3 cups of cheddar cheese. Let melt together, stir frequently.
- In a bowl, melt remaining butter. Add hot sauce. Add chicken then combine together well. Set aside.
- Add cauliflower and chicken to cheese sauce. Cover with remaining 1 cup of cheddar cheese then crumble 1/2 cup cheddar cheese crisps on top if using.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes then broil for 5 minutes until cheese is starting to turn brown and get bubbly.
- Top with green onions if desired.