Keto Hot dogs recipe wrapped in fathead dough with all your favorite toppings! Keto, low carb, gluten free
- 5 hot dogs
- 1½ cups mozzarella
- 3 oz cream cheese
- 1¼ cup almond flour
- 1 egg
- bacon (mustard, pickles, caramelized onions, pimento peppers, chives, cabbage, capers, Swiss cheese, garlic aioli, goat cheese)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Add mozzarella and cream cheese to a bowl and microwave for one minute. Take out and stir well, then put back in the microwave for another minute. Stir well.
- Add egg to mozzarella and cream cheese mixture and mix well. Add in almond flour and combine well again.
- Roll the dough flat. It helps to use plastic wrap on top since the dough will be sticky.
- Cut the dough into five equal sized bun shapes about the size of the hot dog. Put the buns into the oven for 5 minutes until just starting to cook.
- (OptionaWhile the dough is cooking, use a knife to make diagonal slits in the hot dog. This helps with cooking and with the toppings.
- Take the dough out and then press hot dogs into each bun.
- Cook for another 15-20 minutes until hot dogs are cooked and dough is nice and fluffy.
- Top with your favorite toppings.