Keto Hot dogs recipe wrapped in fathead dough with all your favorite toppings! Keto, low carb, gluten free
What is Summer without the classic hot dog?
These days I’m mostly eating my hot dogs bun-less since I’m low carb most of the time but the other day I just had a hankering for some hot dogs with fun and toppings and a bun-like situation. Enter this low carb and keto friendly bun recipe. This is almost like a mix between a hot dog and a corn dog since it’s so fluffy.
I’m topping my hot dogs with alllllll the toppings because sometimes I just like to have some fun flavor combos out of the norm. You can see the different combos in the photos.
Fun Hot Dog Flavor Combinations (as pictured, from left to right)
1) Caramelized onions, bacon, deli mustard
2) Pimento cherry peppers, goat cheese, chives
3) Deli mustard, bacon, pickles
4) Swiss cheese, garlic aioli, capers
5) Caramelized onions, cabbage, chives, garlic aioli
They were all fun and interesting in their own way. I think my personal favorite was probably the bacon and caramelized onions but it’s tough to say.
Hopefully this can encourage you to go out on a limb with your toppings and create some fun combos! I’d love to hear your favorite combinations too.
Here’s to a great summer with good eats!
Fathead Hot Dogs
- 5 hot dogs
- 1½ cups mozzarella
- 3 oz cream cheese
- 1¼ cup almond flour
- 1 egg
- bacon mustard, pickles, caramelized onions, pimento peppers, chives, cabbage, capers, Swiss cheese, garlic aioli, goat cheese
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Add mozzarella and cream cheese to a bowl and microwave for one minute. Take out and stir well, then put back in the microwave for another minute. Stir well.
- Add egg to mozzarella and cream cheese mixture and mix well. Add in almond flour and combine well again.
- Roll the dough flat. It helps to use plastic wrap on top since the dough will be sticky.
- Cut the dough into five equal sized bun shapes about the size of the hot dog. Put the buns into the oven for 5 minutes until just starting to cook.
- (OptionaWhile the dough is cooking, use a knife to make diagonal slits in the hot dog. This helps with cooking and with the toppings.
- Take the dough out and then press hot dogs into each bun.
- Cook for another 15-20 minutes until hot dogs are cooked and dough is nice and fluffy.
- Top with your favorite toppings.
Did you make this recipe?
I love seeing your pictures!