Easy Garden Salad with buttery garlic brioche croutons and a citrusy lemon vinaigrette.
- For salad: 3 cups mixed greens
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup carrot and broccoli slaw*
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced bell pepper
- (optional) cheese of choice
- 1/2 large or 1 small Avocado
- For croutons: 1 1/2 cups torn brioche bread
- 1/2 tbsp butter
- 1/2 tbsp minced garlic
- For lemon vinaigrette: 2 tbsp minced shallot
- juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- good pinch of salt
- freshly cracked black pepper
- To make croutons: add butter to a pan over medium heat, then toss in bread. Coat bread with butter then add in garlic. Cook until bread is lightly golden. Allow to cool before adding to salad.
- To make lemon vinaigrette: add shallot to a bowl then add in lemon zest and juice. Let sit for at least ten minutes. Whisk in olive slowly, until the dressing is thick. Add a good pinch of salt and a couple cracks of freshly cracked black pepper.
- To assemble salad: in a bowl, add mixed greens, broccoli/carrot slaw, bell peppers, tomatoes, croutons (and cheese if using). Dress salad with lemon vinaigrette and toss (or you can save this step so everyone can do it individually). Thinly slice Avocado then arrange in a circle on top.