How to Make Ribs in the Instant Pot and the Oven
- 1 rack pork ribs
- seasoning/rub of choice (I used Coffee BBQ)
- sauce of choice ((use low carb if keto))
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup water
- Take the ribs out of the fridge and trim extra pieces off, if necessary, particularly silver skin on back.
- Get your seasoning of choice and generously rub all over the rack of ribs. Let sit for at least 15 minutes prior to putting in Instant Pot but preferably an hour (you can put back in fridge).
- When ready to cook, add trivet to the bottom of the Instant Pot. If you don’t have one, place some foil balls in the bottom, this helps keep the ribs off the liquid.
- Add the water and apple cider vinegar into the Instant Pot then put the ribs inside in a circle.
Click Meat and set timer for 20 minutes.
Once cooked, let release for 10 minutes then manually release the rest of the way.
- Transfer ribs to a baking sheet with a rack on top and brush on sauce if using.
Place under the broiler on high for 5-10 minutes or until sauce has started to caramelize. Be sure to keep an eye on it so that it doesn’t burn.
- Cuisine: American