This recipe for Instant Pot Ribs is an easy way to make ribs in the Instant Pot and the oven and results in tender, fall off the bone ribs. Keto, low carb, paleo.
Special thanks to All You Can Spice for sponsoring this post!
Okay okay okay. First things first.
Did you guys watch the Gold medal game between the US and Canada last night? I was trying to work / watch but that completely went out the window because I was hyperventilating on the edge of my seat the entire game.
So good! And I’m so happy for the US team! What a game.
Let’s talk about another victory, albeit on a much smaller scale. These ribs.
I’ve gotta admit, I’ve never felt super comfortable making ribs. It’s an art form, really, the art of the well made rib with fall off the bone meat, a good bite and great flavor.
But I recently went out on a limb and decided that I would work on my rib making, I am always aiming for personal growth after all, so I decided to make a rack of ribs.
First: the cooking vessel.
This can be argued about and discussed at great length but this time, I decided to go with cooking in the Instant Pot to get them nice and tender and then transferring to the oven under the broiler to get a nice crunch and bite.
If you don’t have an Instant Pot (I would highly recommend you get one) but you can also cook these in the crockpot or oven instead.
Second: The seasoning
This is definitely one of the most important aspects to making a good rack of ribs. You’ve got to flavor the meat and well! With all the bones, spices should be added liberally. For these ribs, I went with Coffee BBQ from All You Can Spice and it was fantastic. A nice blend of flavor and tame heat for the perfect rub on ribs.
Third: The sauce
Arguably, you don’t even need sauce. With a good rub, which I had, it really isn’t necessary but I do add to like a small swipe at the end before putting under the broiler just to get a nice bite and some caramelization. You can serve with extra if some are more inclined.
So really, how to make ribs is pretty easy and if you follow these steps, you’re sure to get something great.
I got dibs.
On these ribs.
How to Make Ribs in the Instant Pot and the Oven
- 1 rack pork ribs
- seasoning/rub of choice (I used Coffee BBQ)
- sauce of choice ((use low carb if keto))
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup water
- Take the ribs out of the fridge and trim extra pieces off, if necessary, particularly silver skin on back.
- Get your seasoning of choice and generously rub all over the rack of ribs. Let sit for at least 15 minutes prior to putting in Instant Pot but preferably an hour (you can put back in fridge).
- When ready to cook, add trivet to the bottom of the Instant Pot. If you don’t have one, place some foil balls in the bottom, this helps keep the ribs off the liquid.
- Add the water and apple cider vinegar into the Instant Pot then put the ribs inside in a circle.
Click Meat and set timer for 20 minutes.
Once cooked, let release for 10 minutes then manually release the rest of the way.
- Transfer ribs to a baking sheet with a rack on top and brush on sauce if using.
Place under the broiler on high for 5-10 minutes or until sauce has started to caramelize. Be sure to keep an eye on it so that it doesn’t burn.
- Cuisine: American
Thanks again to All You Can Spice Ribs for sponsoring this post! All You Can Spice offers delicious spices with no additives and also has a monthly subscription kit you can sign up for to get spices delivered right to your door. As always, opinions are always 100% my own. I only talk about products I use and like. See more on my disclosure page here.