These Jalapeño Popper Wontons have a creamy filling with a nice crunch and are bursting with flavor. Serve this as an appetizer or snack on game day!
- 1 8oz. cream cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup chopped jalapeños* (depending on how spicy you want it)
- 1/4 cup bacon, chopped
- 15 wonton wrappers
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- dipping sauce of choice
- In a bowl, combine cream cheese, cheddar cheese, jalapeños, bacon and garlic powder. Set aside.
- Lay out wonton sheets and set out a small bowl of water.
- Put a spoonful or two of the jalapeño popper cream cheese mixture on one side of the wonton sheet.
- Dip your finger in the water and brush it across all edges of the wonton wrappers.
- Fold the wontons in half (into triangles) making sure that the edges seal.
- You can cook these a few different ways: deep fry, pan fry, bake or air fry. I like to air fry them or bake them (at 400 degrees). Cook them until the outsides are golden brown. Time will vary depending on the cooking method you choose. Baking takes about 20 minutes, air fryer takes about 10 minutes.
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauce. I like to serve mine with ranch, guacamole, sour cream or avocado sauce.
I like to use the pickled jalapeños that come in a jar but you can use fresh or canned too.
Use the full 1/2 cup of chopped jalapeños if you want it spicier.
- Category: Appetizers, Snacks
- Serving Size: 5 wontons
- Calories: 321
- Sodium: 412mg
- Fat: 21g
- Carbohydrates: 15g
- Protein: 11g
Keywords: game day, snacks, appetizers, quick and easy