These Jalapeño Popper Wontons have a creamy filling with a nice crunch and are bursting with flavor. Serve this as an appetizer or a snack on game day!
*This post is sponsored by Twin Dragon.
What is a Jalapeño Popper Wonton?
These Jalapeño Popper Wontons are basically a jalapeno popper dip with bacon wrapped in a wonton wrapped and cooked until nice and crispy. It’s a unique and delicious jalapeno popper recipe!
Why Make this Recipe?
- easy snack idea – This is a really simple snack to make. It’s just mixing the dip ingredients, wrapping it in wonton wrappers and then cooking.
- great for game day – These little wontons are great to serve for game day during football Sunday’s or while watching hockey. It would make awesome tailgate food too!
Jalapeño POPPER WONTON Ingredient Notes
- Jalapeno Popper Dip – A creamy, delicious combination of cream cheese, cheddar, bacon and seasonings.
- Wonton Wrappers – When cooked, these wonton wrappers get crunchy and become the perfect texture balance to the creamy inside.
Step by Step Instructions
Step 1. Mix together your jalapeno popper dip ingredients. In a bowl, combine cream cheese, cheddar cheese, chopped jalapeno, bacon and seasonings.
Step 2. Make your wontons. Lay out wonton sheets, jalapeno popper dip and a small bowl of water. Get a spoonful of jalapeno popper dip and put it on one side of the wonton sheet (you’re going to fold these in half as triangles). Then, wet your finger and wipe the edges of the wonton sheet and then fold in half, making sure the sides close together.
Step 3. Cook wontons. After all the wontons are made, it’s time to cook them. You can either deep fry, pan fry, bake or put these in the air fryer.
You can cook these in a few different ways: deep fry, bake in the oven, air fryer, or pan fry. I like using the oven or the air fryer.
What I Used to Make This Recipe
Twin Dragon Wonton Wrappers
These are the Wonton Wrappers I used to make these. You can purchase Twin Dragon Wrappers at Walmart, Albertsons, Shaw’s, Von’s, Stater Bros, Fred Meyer, QFC, Safeway, Associated Stories, Giant Stores, Shop n Shop, Winco and Price Chopper.Print
These Jalapeño Popper Wontons have a creamy filling with a nice crunch and are bursting with flavor. Serve this as an appetizer or snack on game day!
- 1 8oz. cream cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup chopped jalapeños* (depending on how spicy you want it)
- 1/4 cup bacon, chopped
- 15 wonton wrappers
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- dipping sauce of choice
- In a bowl, combine cream cheese, cheddar cheese, jalapeños, bacon and garlic powder. Set aside.
- Lay out wonton sheets and set out a small bowl of water.
- Put a spoonful or two of the jalapeño popper cream cheese mixture on one side of the wonton sheet.
- Dip your finger in the water and brush it across all edges of the wonton wrappers.
- Fold the wontons in half (into triangles) making sure that the edges seal.
- You can cook these a few different ways: deep fry, pan fry, bake or air fry. I like to air fry them or bake them (at 400 degrees). Cook them until the outsides are golden brown. Time will vary depending on the cooking method you choose. Baking takes about 20 minutes, air fryer takes about 10 minutes.
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauce. I like to serve mine with ranch, guacamole, sour cream or avocado sauce.
I like to use the pickled jalapeños that come in a jar but you can use fresh or canned too.
Use the full 1/2 cup of chopped jalapeños if you want it spicier.
- Category: Appetizers, Snacks
- Serving Size: 5 wontons
- Calories: 321
- Sodium: 412mg
- Fat: 21g
- Carbohydrates: 15g
- Protein: 11g
Keywords: game day, snacks, appetizers, quick and easy
Nutrition Disclaimer: The calculated nutrition is provided using an online nutrition calculator. It does not take into account seasonings added to taste, optional ingredients or specific brands. You can calculate the recipe with your ingredients using an online nutrition calculator for the most accurate information.