This recipe for low carb double chocolate peanut butter cheesecake bars are out of this world, with a cookie crust and creamy filling topped with cookie crumbles. Keto, low carb
To make crust:
- 2 tbsp butter + some for the pan
- 4 Nui Double Chocolate Cookies (or similar)
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups Almond Flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 tbsp cream cheese
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 Nui Peanut Butter Cookies (or similar)
To make crust:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Crush up double chocolate cookies in a bag or in a food processor until fine like a flour consistency.
- In a bowl, melt 2 tbsp butter. Add almond flour, eggs and crushed up double chocolate cookies. Mix well to combine.
- Rub a dish or pie pan with butter (I used a 9×9 dish), put crust on bottom.
- Bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 12 minutes.
To make filling:
- In a mixing bowl, add cream cheese and use a mixer to whip for about 3 minutes or until it starts to get creamy. Add in lemon juice and heavy cream, continue beating.
- Mix until well combined and creamy. You will notice a texture change when it is ready. Stir in cinnamon and vanilla extract.
- Once the crust is done, add cheesecake filling on top, spreading out evenly. Crush up peanut butter cookies and sprinkle over the top.
- Put in the fridge for an hour prior to serving or in the freezer for at least 20 minutes. Cut into bars or pieces and eat!