This recipe for low carb double chocolate peanut butter cheesecake bars are out of this world, with a cookie crust and creamy filling topped with cookie crumbles. Keto, low carb
Let’s have a quick moment of silence for how good these cheesecake bars are.
I mean, they’re legit. Keto or low carb or not, these are good.
If I had to guess, I’d say the secret is probably that the crust is made out of cookies. And then in that cookie crust is creamy decadence. Topped with more crumbled cookies.
It’s a lot and it’s good.
Cheesecake has always been one of my favorite desserts so you can imagine how happy I am to know that I can still eat these even when I’m being low carb.
Keto friendly macros thank you very much.
Here I’m using Nui cookies which are some of the best keto/low carb cookies I’ve tried to date. They’re easily one of my favorites and the double chocolate and peanut butter cookies take these next level.
So if you want to do yourself a favor, and I assume you do, then this is something you’re going to need to make. And soon!
Low Carb Double Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheesecake Bars
To make crust:
- 2 tbsp butter + some for the pan
- 4 Nui Double Chocolate Cookies or similar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups Almond Flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 tbsp cream cheese
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 Nui Peanut Butter Cookies or similar
To make crust:
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Crush up double chocolate cookies in a bag or in a food processor until fine like a flour consistency.
- In a bowl, melt 2 tbsp butter. Add almond flour, eggs and crushed up double chocolate cookies. Mix well to combine.
- Rub a dish or pie pan with butter (I used a 9x9 dish), put crust on bottom.
- Bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 12 minutes.
To make filling:
In a mixing bowl, add cream cheese and use a mixer to whip for about 3 minutes or until it starts to get creamy. Add in lemon juice and heavy cream, continue beating.
- Mix until well combined and creamy. You will notice a texture change when it is ready. Stir in cinnamon and vanilla extract.
- Once the crust is done, add cheesecake filling on top, spreading out evenly. Crush up peanut butter cookies and sprinkle over the top.
- Put in the fridge for an hour prior to serving or in the freezer for at least 20 minutes. Cut into bars or pieces and eat!
Did you make this recipe?
I love seeing your pictures!