- 1 bag cauliflower
- (optional) 1/2 cup diced or shredded broccoli, cabbage or spinach
- 1/2 yellow onion
- 2 pimentos
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 – 1 cup mozzarella cheese (depends on how cheesy you like it!)
- 2 tbsp cream cheese
- 1/2–1 cup pepperoni
- 1/4 cup basil pesto
- 3 slices bacon, chopped into pieces
- (optional) For topping: thinly sliced tomato or bell pepper
- In a pan over medium heat, cook bacon pieces until done to your liking. I like mine a little crispy so this takes about 7 minutes or so. Drain bacon on a paper towel.
- Wipe out bacon grease from pan, leaving about 1 tbsp left in the pan. Add in onion and cook for 3-5 minutes until starting to turn translucent. Add in riced cauliflower and broccoli, cabbage or spinach if using.
- The cooking time will vary depending what vegetable you chose (if any) but just cook it until it’s done the way you like. I usually use cut up broccoli and will cook it for 3-4 minutes.
- Add in cream cheese and allow to melt. Stir in pimentos or peppers (if using). Stir bacon back in. Add in basil pesto and give another good stir.
- Turn off heat and transfer mixture to a baking dish (I used 8×8). Spread evenly.
- If you want, you can add some pepperoni slices and stir in now, otherwise just use a topper.
- Top with mozzarella cheese and pepperoni. If using, top with thinly sliced tomato or bell pepper. A few slices goes a long way.
- Cook at 400 degrees for 20 minutes until cheese has melted. If you want, you can put under the broiler for the last 5 minutes to get a nice golden brown. Garnish with fresh basil.