This Pizza Casserole is a low carb casserole version of pizza made with your favorite toppings and absolutely delicious. Easy to make, keto and low carb friendly.
I’m a big fan of pizza. Also a big fan of casseroles.
Match made in heaven? I think yes.
The weather outside is cold and kinda weird, with high’s in the 80’s but lows in the 40’s. It feels cold though. Every night I’ve been going home and turning on the fireplace, getting bundled up.
There’s something super comforting and delicious, warms your soul up, about a good casserole. It’s probably because casseroles are just a super comforting dish? They’re not flashy or sexy, they’re just good and homey like a hug. I’ve probably thought about this too much.
In any case, this is a fun way to get some of your favorite pizza toppings (see pepperoni) on a casserole. The best part is you can mix it up for whatever ideas you have!
I’m using pepperoni, bacon, basil pesto but feel free to use your own favorite toppings or whatever you have on hand.
Here are some suggestions:
- red pizza sauce
alfredo pizza sauce
Stay warm and cozy out there friends!Print
- 1 bag cauliflower
- (optional) 1/2 cup diced or shredded broccoli, cabbage or spinach
- 1/2 yellow onion
- 2 pimentos
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 – 1 cup mozzarella cheese (depends on how cheesy you like it!)
- 2 tbsp cream cheese
- 1/2–1 cup pepperoni
- 1/4 cup basil pesto
- 3 slices bacon, chopped into pieces
- (optional) For topping: thinly sliced tomato or bell pepper
- In a pan over medium heat, cook bacon pieces until done to your liking. I like mine a little crispy so this takes about 7 minutes or so. Drain bacon on a paper towel.
- Wipe out bacon grease from pan, leaving about 1 tbsp left in the pan. Add in onion and cook for 3-5 minutes until starting to turn translucent. Add in riced cauliflower and broccoli, cabbage or spinach if using.
- The cooking time will vary depending what vegetable you chose (if any) but just cook it until it’s done the way you like. I usually use cut up broccoli and will cook it for 3-4 minutes.
- Add in cream cheese and allow to melt. Stir in pimentos or peppers (if using). Stir bacon back in. Add in basil pesto and give another good stir.
- Turn off heat and transfer mixture to a baking dish (I used 8×8). Spread evenly.
- If you want, you can add some pepperoni slices and stir in now, otherwise just use a topper.
- Top with mozzarella cheese and pepperoni. If using, top with thinly sliced tomato or bell pepper. A few slices goes a long way.
- Cook at 400 degrees for 20 minutes until cheese has melted. If you want, you can put under the broiler for the last 5 minutes to get a nice golden brown. Garnish with fresh basil.