A fun and delicious low carb and keto friendly St Patricks Day dessert.
- 4 Eat Nui Double Chocolate Cookies or similar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2 tbsp butter + some for the pan
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 5 tbsp cream cheese
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- A couple squirts of green food coloring
- 1/2 cup granulated Keto sweetener or a few squirts of stevia (to taste, depending on how sweet you want it)
- 1–2 Nui Double Chocolate Cookies or similar
- 1/4 cup shaved coconut
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Crush up double chocolate cookies in a bag or in a food processor until fine like a flour consistency.
- In a bowl, melt butter. Add melted butter, almond flour, eggs and crushed up double chocolate cookies. Mix well to combine.
- Rub a dish or pie pan with butter and spread crust evenly over bottom.
- Bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl, add cream cheese and use a mixer to whip for about 3 minutes or until it starts to get creamy. Add in lemon juice, sweetener of choice (liquid or granulated) and heavy cream, continue beating.
- Mix until well combined and creamy. You will notice a texture change when it’s ready. Stir in cinnamon, vanilla extract and green food coloring (as much as you need until it’s the color you want).
Put it all together:
- Once the crust is done baking, let it cool slightly. Add cheesecake filling on top of crust and spread evenly. Top with coconut shavings, slivered almonds and more crumbled double chocolate cookies.
- Put in the fridge or an hour prior to serving or in the freezer for at least 20 minutes. Cut into bars or pieces and eat.
- Category: Dessert