These fun and delicious Shamrock Cheesecake Bars are the perfect low carb and keto friendly St Patricks Day themed desserts! Keto, low carb, gluten free
Who’s feeling lucky?
I realize that, for many, St Patricks Day is just another day but I’m the type of gal that loves a good excuse to celebrate anything and create a themed meal around it. I mean, literally. I’m down to party.
So being that I’m an Irish gal and St Patricks Day is supposed to be an Irish themed celebration, I’m all for it. To be fair, even if I wasn’t Irish, I’d still be all for it.
But it’s just fun to be able to say “KISS ME I’M IRISH” and be telling the truth.
I mean, as I’m writing this, I’m listening to Irish & Celtic Radio. I’ve already had two loaves of Irish Soda bread this week and eaten Corned Beef twice. I’ve got my outfit picked out for this weekend.
All that to say, yes I’m over the top but I enjoy every minute of it.
So naturally, I needed to come up with a fun and theme-appropriate dessert for the occasion. Of course, you may have noticed that I tend to eat lower carb or keto the majority of the time so the green cookies at the grocery store weren’t going to cut it for me.
I’ve been eating Nui cookies since I started keto because 1) who doesn’t love cookies? 2) they taste great and I feel good about the ingredients.
I’m using the cookies as a crust because hello it’s the best and from now on I think all cheesecakes should have cookie crusts! But as always, you should feel free to use a different type of cookie (regular instead of keto friendly if you like) and also whatever type of sweetener you like most.
I hope these cheesecake bars find some room on your table this weekend and that you have a safe and fun time!
Get some cookies!!Print
A fun and delicious low carb and keto friendly St Patricks Day dessert.
- 4 Eat Nui Double Chocolate Cookies or similar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2 tbsp butter + some for the pan
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 5 tbsp cream cheese
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- A couple squirts of green food coloring
- 1/2 cup granulated Keto sweetener or a few squirts of stevia (to taste, depending on how sweet you want it)
- 1–2 Nui Double Chocolate Cookies or similar
- 1/4 cup shaved coconut
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Crush up double chocolate cookies in a bag or in a food processor until fine like a flour consistency.
- In a bowl, melt butter. Add melted butter, almond flour, eggs and crushed up double chocolate cookies. Mix well to combine.
- Rub a dish or pie pan with butter and spread crust evenly over bottom.
- Bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl, add cream cheese and use a mixer to whip for about 3 minutes or until it starts to get creamy. Add in lemon juice, sweetener of choice (liquid or granulated) and heavy cream, continue beating.
- Mix until well combined and creamy. You will notice a texture change when it’s ready. Stir in cinnamon, vanilla extract and green food coloring (as much as you need until it’s the color you want).
Put it all together:
- Once the crust is done baking, let it cool slightly. Add cheesecake filling on top of crust and spread evenly. Top with coconut shavings, slivered almonds and more crumbled double chocolate cookies.
- Put in the fridge or an hour prior to serving or in the freezer for at least 20 minutes. Cut into bars or pieces and eat.
- Category: Dessert