Lasagna made with Zucchini Noodles and Meat Sauce made with ground Turkey and Italian sausage. Ketogenic, Paleo, low carb and Gluten free. Lasagna without ricotta cheese.
- 1 cup yellow onion, chopped
- 1 cup carrot, chopped
- 1 cup bell pepper (orange, red, yellow), chopped
- 1 cup broccoli, chopped
- 2 cups mushrooms, chopped
- 4 cups kale, chopped
- 2 Zucchinis
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1 pd ground turkey
- 2 italian sausage links
- 28 oz. tomato sauce of choice (I used Arrabiata)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 8 oz. (1 cup) mozzarella cheese
- Add olive oil to a dutch oven or pan over medium heat. Add yellow onion and garlic and cook for five minutes when it’s starting to get translucent and the garlic is fragrant. Add in bell pepper and carrot, cook for three minutes.
- Then add in broccoli, mushrooms and kale. Cook another five minutes, until kale has wilted.
- Remove casings from Italian sausage and add to pan, breaking into pieces. Add in ground turkey. Cook until Italian Sausage is no longer red and ground turkey is cooked through, no longer pink, about 8 minutes.
- Add in tomato sauce. Reduce heat to low and simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Using a Mandolin, thinly slice Zucchini into long noodle shapes.
- In a 9×9 pan, layer some sauce on bottom of pan, just enough to lightly coat. Layer on Zucchini Noodles, then top with more sauce. Continue layering noodles and sauce until you reach the top of the pan. Top with Mozzarella Cheese and fresh Basil.
- Cook at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Once cooked, allow to sit and rest for about 10 minutes so that the lasagna will stay together when cutting and serving.
- This Lasagna can be a little more watery than usual because of the Zucchini so it’s important to allow it to sit so that it’s not a totally watery mess when you cut into it.
- This keeps really well in the fridge and will become even more structured once it’s sat in the fridge.