- 3 zucchinis
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup avocado sauce (see recipe below)
- basil, red pepper flakes, parmesan for topping
- Make Avocado Sauce
- Make zucchini noodles, either by using a vegetable slicer or cutting by hand (just cut into thin noodle like strips). Put in a colander, top with salt and allow some of the liquid to drain.
- Heat skillet to medium-high, add olive oil, then add zucchini noodles. Cook for about 2-4 minutes depending on al dente you like it. Be careful not to overcook.
- Once cooked, drain excess liquid, then add noodles back to pan.
- Add avocado sauce to zucchini noodles, combining and cook just long enough to heat through.
- Top with basil, parmesan and red pepper flakes.
You can add more avocado sauce if you like, depending on your sauce to noodle ratio preference.
The avocado sauce will start off as thick, but when added to the pan with the zucchini, it will thin out a bit. If you want it thinner, add a little water or chicken broth.
- Category: Pasta