This Egg & Bacon Breakfast Pizza is made with a Cheesy Hashbrown Crust, the perfect Brunch recipe or breakfast recipe for a crowd.
Wakey Wakey eggs and bakey.
I love breakfast, said Kayla 6,000 times on the blog. But it’s true. Okay, I really love all meals, but breakfast just has a special place in my heart.
I don’t have a lot of plans this weekend so I’m definitely hoping a leisurely breakfast is in store bc hello those are just the best. Although I do need to refill the Cold Brew kegerator because we’ve been out of Nitro Cold Brew for about two weeks now! *first world problems
Back to the pizza. This breakfast pizza is cheesy, delicious goodness.
Does this just look like the breakfast pizza of our dreams or what? Let me paint the picture for you. Cheesy hashbrown pizza crust, soft scrambled eggs, bacon, bell peppers and of course topped off with cheese, avocado and arugula. Plus if you’re paleo, you can either just use a Paleo cheese or omit the cheese and use something else like a binder, like an extra egg.
It’s soooo good. Basically the best Brunch recipe ever. This would also be great if you’re having people over for breakfast! Perfect recipe for a crowd, just let everyone grab a slice!
I could totally use this today. I’m officially on a Netflix binge which means I basically don’t get to sleep until 2am. I know it’s bad for me but why is it so hard to turn off a good tv show? I almost want to try to get through the series faster just so I can have my life back. Please don’t judge me.
Let’s just eat this Breakfast Pizza.Print
Egg & Bacon Breakfast Pizza on Cheesy Hashbrown Crust
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 50 mins
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 4-6 1x
This Egg and Bacon Breakfast Pizza on Cheesy Hashbrown Crust is the perfect Brunch recipe or breakfast recipe for a crowd.
- 2 cups hashbrowns (shredded potatoes)
- 3/4 cup shredded cheese
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup greek yogurt (optional)
- 1/2 cup bacon, chopped into pieces
- 1/2 cup arugula
- 1/2 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp chives
- 1/2 cup sliced mini bell peppers
- 1/2 an avocado, sliced
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp onion powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
- cooking oil spray or other oil of choice
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a bowl, mix 2 eggs until well scrambled. Add in hashbrowns, paprika, onion powder and 1/2 cup shredded cheese. Mix together well.
- Line a baking sheet or pizza pan with parchment paper. Grease well with cooking oil spray or other oil of choice such as melted butter, olive oil, duck fat, etc. If you don’t grease well, the crust will stick!
- Mold hashbrown crust onto baking sheet in a circle or square (choice is up to you), season with salt and pepper. Make sure the crust is not thick but not too thin either or it will fall apart. About 1/2 inch works well.
- Put the hashbrown crust in the oven for 25 minutes.
- In another bowl, scramble the other two eggs then add greek yogurt and combine well. The greek yogurt is optional but it makes really fluffy eggs, you can omit if you like. Add 1/2 tbsp butter to a pan and cook eggs over medium-low, mixing consistently to get soft scrambled eggs, about 5 minutes or cook until desired.
- Pull out the hashbrown crust then top with the scrambled eggs, sliced mini bell peppers, chives and remaining 1/4 cup shredded cheese (or other cheese, see notes).
- Put pizza back in oven at 400 degrees for about ten minutes until cheese has melted.
- Garnish with arugula and Avocado slices.
*I used 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese for the crust and then used slices of sharp cheddar for the top of the pizza. You could simply use 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese if you want or even omit the cheese on top.
The Greek Yogurt is optional in the eggs but I find it makes eggs really fluffy and delicious.
*If you want more toppings, go for it!
Did you make this recipe?
I love to see your creations! Post it on Instagram and tag @mincerepublic and #mincerepublic.
Casey the College Celiac says
Talk about a major pizza upgrade! I love hashbrowns and I love pizza, so how could this recipe be wrong? Looks scrumptious!
Yum! My mom used to make something like this all the time. I love the toppings you’ve chosen!