A delicious Ribs with Chimichurri recipe, made quickly in the Instant Pot or on the grill! Ketogenic, low carb, gluten free, paleo
I’m a self-proclaimed sauce lover and in my life, everything is better with some sort of dipping, dripping or topping sauce.
Chimichurri is one of my favorite sauces and I like to keep a batch in my fridge for every occasion. You never know when you’re going to need a little something to enhance your meal.
So today, instead of ribs with BBQ sauce, I decided to just rub these ribs down with some spices and then add some chimichurri to finish them off.
I also marinated them in citrus and garlic and it all ends up being a great combo together.
Lately, I’ve really liked cooking ribs in the Instant Pot so that’s what I’ve done here. They come out super tender which is my own personal preference but you could absolutely just throw these right on the grill and they’d be delicious too.
With Summer coming up, I’m glad to have another go to rib recipe and can’t wait to make these for parties!
What I Used to Make this recipe:
Ribs with Chimichurri
For the ribs:
- 1 or 2 racks pork ribs
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 c apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 2 lemons
- 2 limes
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 1/4 olive oil
For the Chimichurri:
- ½ cup cilantro
- ½ cup parsley
- ¼ cup oregano
- 2 tsp red pepper flakes
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp garlic
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
For the Ribs:
- Trim the ribs, if necessary, particularly the silver skin on the back. Generously rub salt and pepper all over the ribs.
- Add the juice of the lemons and limes to a bag or container, then add in the garlic and finally the ribs. Allow to marinate for at least 1 hour, up to overnight.
If cooking in the Instant Pot:
- Add trivet to the bottom of the Instant Pot. If you don’t have a trivet, place some foil balls in the bottom. This helps keep the ribs off the liquid.
- Add the water and apple cider vinegar into the Instant Pot then put the ribs inside in a circle.
- Click meat and set timer for 20 minutes. Once cooked, let release for 10 minutes then manually release the rest of the way.
- Finish ribs under the broiler or on the grill.
- Transfer ribs to a baking sheet with a rack on top. Place under broiler on high for 5-10 minutes until ribs start to brown and get a nice color.
- On the grill, grill each side for 2 minutes until you get a nice color.
For the chimichurri:
- Combine cilantro, parsley, oregano, red pepper flakes, garlic in a food processor. Chop until small and well combined.
- Add in red wine vinegar and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before using.
- Serve ribs with chimichurri.
Did you make this recipe?
I love seeing your pictures!