I have a lot of summer food crushes but right now the biggest one is ceviche. Ceviche is something I’ve always shied away from making myself because I was afraid that I would make it wrong and then get everyone sick or something. But I decided to put on my big girl you have a food blog pants and try it out and now I want to kick my former self in the shins for wasting so much precious time.
Precious time that I could have spent devouring bright, citrusy and delightful bowls of ceviche. I will never get those years back. Let this be a lesson to you: do not let fear stop you from trying new things. #mincewisdom
But seriously, what could be better than a big bowl of fresh seafood flavored with citrus juices, a bag of chips to add awesome texture, an avocado to put it over the top and a couple of cocktails/beers/lemonades/drinks of your choice?
I don’t know friends, I don’t know. But I can’t think of many things.
This summer I’m just going to play a lot of hockey, hang out with Albus, spend time with friends and family and of course…. Eat all the ceviche.
- 1 pd peeled and deveined shrimp, cut into pieces
- 1 pd langostino, cut into pieces
- 8 limes, juiced
- 1 orange, juiced
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1/2 bunch cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 tablesppon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- salt to taste
- Place shrimp and langostino in a bowl with lime juice. Place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to one hour to allow the shrimp to firm up.
- Once shrimp is opaque, add orange juice, lemon juice, bell peppers, red onion, olive oil and garlic.
- Salt to taste. Serve with chips, crackers or in an avocado.