This recipe for biscuits and chorizo gravy is made with flakey and cheesy biscuits topped with a creamy and flavorful chorizo gravy. Ketogenic and low carb.
Weekend mornings are the time to live my breakfast dreams. During the week, I have a little bit of a commute so I’m often just hustling out the door. Most of these mornings I just drink some bulletproof coffee and get on my way.
So on the weekends, I try to make something I really want to sit down and eat. Something I will linger over at the table. Cup of coffee in hand. Slow, quiet mornings. Or maybe early afternoons. Because sometimes on the weekends I also live my sleep dreams.
In any case, this recipe for biscuits and chorizo gravy was born out of a weekend morning where I wanted a leisurely and delicious breakfast.
Truth be told, I haven’t had much biscuits and gravy in my time but I’ve been loving these biscuits, especially with my biscuit breakfast sandwich, so much and I just figured I’d give it a try in this biscuits and gravy. Definitely happy that I did!
These biscuits hold up really well to the gravy and the chorizo adds a nice punch of spice. I’m all for regular sausage gravy but the chorizo was a fun twist on the classic. I kept it really simple with the gravy, letting the chorizo be most of the flavor but you could certainly add in other spices if you wanted.
Here’s to slow mornings and delicious food with the people you love.
Biscuits and Chorizo Gravy
- Prep Time: 12 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 32 mins
- Yield: 4-6 1x
- For Biscuits:
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1½ – 2 cups cheese (I used a mix of mozzarella and cheddar)
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- 2–4 tbsp butter (cut into pieces)
- ¼ tsp baking powder (optional)*
- For Gravy:
- 1 lb chorizo (I like chicken or pork)
- 1 egg
- 1/2–1 cup heavy cream
- Chives for topping
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. To make biscuits, mix all ingredients together in a bowl. Form into balls (as many/little as you want, I made 6). Bake at 375 for about 20 minutes or until firm.
- To make gravy: Add chorizo to a pan and begin to cook. Whisk egg and then pour in with chorizo. Continue cooking until chorizo is cooked through, about 5-7 minutes. Once done, add in 1/2 cup heavy cream. Stir in well and let cook for a minute or two. If you want more liquid, add in some more heavy cream. The gravy will thicken up if you continue to cook. If it gets too thick, you can add some more heavy cream or a splash of water. Pour gravy over biscuits.
- Top biscuits and gravy with chives.
Amanda | The Glorious Grape says
Everything about this screams EAT ME!!
I just love chorizo. I never would have thought of using it like this, but this is a really creative use for it. Can’t wait to try it out one weekend with a nice Cava mimosa. Or just straight up Cava 😉
Kayla Demint says
That sounds good to me!