This Crispy Tuna Cakes recipe is quick, healthy and couldn’t be any easier to put together! Keto, low carb, gluten free.
I’ll be honest and say that my feelings towards tuna goes back and forth. Sometimes I’m really into it–it’s convenient, easy and cab be really delicious. Other times I’m more skeptical, especially with some of the canned versions.
But these Tonnino Tuna fillets are the real deal and don’t look like those canned versions. They’ve got thick chunks of tuna and they’re in nice glass jars with oil and they have versions with different seasonings as well (like garlic–which is what I used in this recipe!). For more info, check out Tonnino on Facebook or Instagram or buy them at Whole Foods.
Plus it’s always great to have a high protein snack. This is an easy snack or meal option for those on Keto or low carb diets as well and these cakes are 100% keto and low carb, if you’re into that.
I like the idea of these crispy tuna cakes because it adds some welcomed texture to the tuna — there’s something really nice about biting into something crunchy. But also something that’s good for you!
These would be great as small appetizers, as patties to make sandwiches with, or as I have them over some cabbage for a nice little meal.
Plus you can’t beat how quick and easy these are to whip up. They come together in under 20 minutes!Print
Crispy Tuna Cakes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
This Crispy Tuna Cakes recipe is quick, healthy and couldn't be any easier to put together! Keto, low carb, gluten free.
For the Tuna Cakes:
- 1 6.7oz jar of tuna (I like to use Tonnino's Tuna Fillets with Garlic & Olive Oil or Tuna Fillets with Lemon & Peppers)
- 1/2 cup pork rinds (crushed up into powder)
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese (grated)
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp dried dill
- 1 egg
- avocado oil (for frying)
For the Sauce:
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- fresh chives (for topping)
- thinly sliced cabbage to serve on
- In a bowl, mix together tuna, pork rinds, parmesan cheese, smoked paprika, dill and egg. Mix everything together very well.
- Use mix to form individual patties in whatever size you like.
- Heat a pan over medium-high and add avocado oil in a thin layer on bottom of pan. Add patties, making sure not to crowd, and cook for 3 minutes per side until golden brown. Once cooked, add to a paper towel lined sheet and salt generously.
- While the cakes are cooking, mix together sauce in a bowl by combining lemon juice, sour cream and salt and pepper.
- To serve, add thinly sliced red cabbage to a plate, top with tuna cakes and then drizzle sauce over top. Garnish with fresh cut chives.
Leave a Reply