These Double Chocolate Donuts are keto and low carb friendly made with chocolate protein and MCT oil. Great treat for a keto or low carb diet! Gluten free.
Who doesn’t love donuts?
This past weekend I was wanting a donut. Because who doesn’t want a donut on a Saturday morning?
I’ve said this a million times but if you’re new here, you might notice I don’t eat a whole lot of pastries or traditional baked goods. Well, mostly I don’t eat a lot of sugar or traditional flour or the like.
But even so, there’s something to be said of a nice baked good with your morning cup of Joe.
Like, a nice donut for example.
So I set out to make a better version of the traditional sugar laden donut and low and behold, here you go: a Keto Double Chocolate Donut.
A stack of Keto double chocolate donuts, for you and your friends! Or just for you. One for each day of the week. Now that’s what I call meal prep.
In any case, these are a fun and delicious morning treat that won’t totally derail you for the day (not that eating a regular donut would either, I’m all about moderation).
If you’re keto, you can be excited because now you can throw donuts back into the rotation. I can’t wait to come up with lots of different flavor combos!
What I Used to Make this Recipe:
Zulay Kitchen Citrus Juicer
Omega Power Creamer Cinnamon
Keto Double Chocolate Donuts
- 2 tbsp butter
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2 scoops chocolate protein
- 2 tbsp omega power creamer cinnamon (optional)
- 1 tbsp cinnamon roll sweetener or 1 tsp liquid sweetener
- 4 tbsp sour cream
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup chocolate chunks
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- In a bowl, melt butter. Add eggs to bowl then whisk well with orange juice, heavy cream, sour cream, vanilla extract, omega power creamer and sweetener. Whisk together well.
- Add in dry ingredients: almond flour, chocolate protein, baking powder and salt. Mix together well. Add in chocolate chunks.
- Grease a donut or muffin pan with olive oil. Add in batter.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes.
Did you make this recipe?
I love seeing your pictures!