Egg & Bacon Breakfast Sandwich on a Brioche Bun with Arugula, Sharp Cheddar and Sriracha Mayo. Perfect breakfast or brunch recipe!
Happy Memorial Day. Thank you to those who serve and have served!
Today I’m celebrating Memorial Day in Phoenix, Arizona for a fundraiser tournament for Team USA which wrapped up yesterday. It’s been a lot of fun! But I haven’t had a good breakfast since I’ve been out here. Anyone got a good breakfast recommendation in Phoenix for the future?
Basically every weekend all I want is a good Breakfast Sandwich. I don’t know why but they’re kind of hard to find out here. Like my ideal Saturday morning situation is to wake up, go to a coffee shop for a nice cup of Nitro Cold Brew and then eat a Breakfast Sandwich.
So since I have a Cold Brew kegerator in my dining room, I guess I can just walk downstairs now, grab a cup of Nitro Cold Brew and then just make myself the sandwich of my dreams, which is what this pretty much is.
My dream Breakfast Sandwich involves Brioche bun with soft scrambled eggs, topped with Bacon and pepper Arugula, some Sharp Cheddar and then a quick swipe of Sriracha Mayonnaise, which is what this recipe is, in case you were wondering.
Treat yourself right, enjoy your morning, eat a Breakfast sammy. #lifemotto
Egg & Bacon Breakfast Sandwich
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 15 mins
- Yield: 2 1x
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp chives, minced
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 cup arugula
- 4 slices bacon
- 2 slices sharp cheddar
- 2 brioche buns
- homemade mayonaise
- sriracha to taste (I used 1 tsp)
- 1/2 tbsp butter
- Cook bacon slices in a pan over medium heat. Once cooked, put on a paper towel lined plate and keep warm.
- While Bacon is cooking, in a bowl, whisk eggs. Once whisked, add greek yogurt and whisk again until thoroughly incorporated. Add in smoked paprika.
- Heat 1/2 tbsp butter in a medium pan over medium heat and add eggs, stirring frequently, then add in Chives. Continue cooking until eggs have just set (or until desired doneness) and then take off the heat (they will continue to cook.
- In a small bowl, mix 1 tsp Sriracha with 3 tbsp mayonnaise. Stir to combine.
- Toast Brioche bun in a pan or in the oven until just lightly toasted and warm.
- Swipe bun with mayonaise. Top with eggs, cheese, bacon and arugula. Add hot sauce if you like!
I didn’t make this recipe, but one like it… if you put the sriracha Mayo on the bread and THEN toast it on the pan, the Mayo crisps up nicely, like the outside of a grilled cheese sandwich. Yum!
Kayla Demint says