Quick and easy Fish Tacos with Slaw and Chipotle White Sauce Recipe: Seasoned Cod Fish Tacos with a Cabbage and Carrot Jalapeno Slaw and a Chipotle White Sauce. Comes together in under 20 minutes.
The weather has been getting warmer this week, so I’m feeling light and refreshing flavors. Gone are the days where I want to stand by a stove for an hour making a hearty meal to warm us up and instead, here are the days where I try to make quick, easy and somewhat light meals that taste great but don’t make you stand in a hot kitchen forever.
I try my best to eat with the seasons, enjoying the different produce and food they bring with them. Summer I try to focus on lighter flavors, lots of bright citrus notes, crisp, and refreshing flavors. Tacos are one of my favorites and fish tacos sound especially good this time of year.
These Fish Tacos with Slaw and Chipotle white sauce are packed with flavor. The fish gets rubbed with seasoning and then broiled but you could definitely grill it which would be great too. The slaw is made with cabbage and carrot for crunch, a little jalapeno for heat and lime juice for a bright citrus note. The chipotle white sauce is the perfect creamy addition to finish it off.
Plus the whole meal comes together in about 20 minutes which like I mentioned, you really can’t beat in the summer. Grab a couple cocktails, whip up a Margarita, or just some sparkling water, sit back and soon you’ll have a delicious fish taco meal on your plate.Print
- 1 pd cod filet(s) or white fish of choice
- 2 limes, more for garnish
- 8–12 tortillas (corn or flour, I used corn)
- 2 cups thinly sliced green cabbage
- 1 cup cup thinly sliced carrot
- 2–3 tbsp jalapeno (add more if you want it spicier)
- 3 tbsp cilantro, extra for garnish
- 2 tsp each: cumin, paprika, red pepper
- 2 cup greek yogurt
- 2–3 tbsp chipotle pepper in adobo (add more if you want it spicier)
- 1 1/2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 Avocado
- Preheat oven to broil.
- Season cod filets with 1 tbsp olive oil and cumin, paprika, red pepper, salt and freshly cracked black pepper. Add in zest of 1 lime and coat fish. Set aside.
- In another bowl, combine green cabbage, sliced carrot, cilantro and jalapeno. In a smaller bowl, mix together 1/4 cup greek yogurt, white wine vinegar and juice of 1 lime. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Broil fish on high for 8-10 minutes until fish is white and flakes easily with a fork.
- While fish is cooking, in another bowl, combine 1 cup greek yogurt, chipotle pepper in adobo, juice of 1/2 a lime.
- Heat up tortillas over an open flame or in a pan until warmed through.
- To serve: mash an Avocado in a tortilla, top with fish and slaw. Drizzle with Chipotle White Sauce. Garnish with extra cilantro and lime wedges if desired.
You could definitely grill the fish if you want instead of broiling it and it would be delicious!