This patriotic Fruit Pizza with Sugar Cookie Crust is a fun and easy dessert recipe for a crowd or just for yourself! Great dessert for Fourth of July but change up the fruits and it would be great for celebration.
Sooooo just a quick heads up, yesterday I fed a giraffe! We went on one of the Malibu Wine Safari’s and it was so fun and great to see the animals. Plus the place it was at has tonnssss of Avocado trees which is pretty cool too. Anyway, that’s just a quick PSA because it was great.
Now on to this Fruit Pizza with Sugar Cookie Crust.
I’ll be the first to admit, I’m more often going for something savory than something sweet. Most of my friends are big dessert eaters, but I’m pretty happy to eat chips instead of cake. Unless we’re talking about a good cookie or brownie and then I’m a little bit more apt to eating it.
But every once in awhile, I think a meal calls for a little something. Especially with Fourth of July coming up, I wanted to make something that was summery and a little patriotic too.
This dessert isn’t too heavy, which is part of what I like about it. It also takes advantage of all the good fruit in season right now and it’s really pretty to look at. I think it’d be perfect for a bbq or even a picnic and definitely perfect for Fourth of July. You could also change up the fruits and really make this good for any type of special event, or just a regular day, or just to celebrate the beauty of summer and how wonderful it is.
The recipe doesn’t really deal with exact measurements, that’s part of the beauty of it. You put all the sugar cookie dough together and create a pizza shape (you could do a square too if you want), spread on some cream cheese frosting and then top with strawberries, blueberries and raspberries.
Now who wants dessert pizza?
Quick and easy summer dessert recipe.
- 1 pack sugar cookies
- 1 16 oz. container cream cheese frosting
- 2 cups cup up strawberries, blueberries, raspberries
- (optional) zest of 1 lemon
- Preheat oven based on sugar cookie package directions (mine was 375).
- Line a pizza pan (or baking sheet) with parchment paper. Spread the sugar cookie dough onto it, forming it into a round pizza shape, making sure it’s not too thick.
- Place in oven and cook until cooked through. This will vary in time based on your own and how thick/thin you made your dough. Mine took about 25-30 minutes.
- Once done, allow to cool.
- Spread cream cheese frosting over cookie (you likely will not need the entire container unless you like your cookie heavily frosted).
- If using lemon zest, sprinkle it over the top of the frosting.
- Add strawberries, blueberries and raspberries. Enjoy!