This Grilled Zucchini with Herb Yogurt Sauce is a great summer side dish recipe perfect for your next bbq or cookout. The creamy yogurt sauce is the perfect complement to the grilled zucchini.
Ah, summer. Time for easy food, made with great ingredients, hopefully right out of the garden or from the local farmers market. I’m growing zucchini and tomatoes this year and I love being able to just walk outside and grab whatever I want/need and make food. Definitely one of my favorite parts of gardening!
So I’m always looking for new ways to make zucchini. I used to eat a ton of zucchini, then I got a little bit tired of it, but now after making this Grilled Zucchini with Herb Yogurt Sauce I’m definitely 100% back on board.
It’s perfect for summer because 1) abundance of zucchini 2) pretty grill marks 3) herby sauce 4) you can toss it on the grill with whatever else you’re already grilling!
In the spirit of trying new things, tonight I am going to a new class at the gym where you listen to music and use weighted drumsticks. It sounds very intriguing. I’ll let you know how it goes.
In the meantime, you make this zucchini and let me know how it goes!
Okay? Okay. Ready, break!
- 2 large zucchinis
- 1 cup greek yogurt or sour cream
- 2 tbsp fresh dill, chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh chives, chopped
- 4 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Cut the ends off the zucchinis. Slice zucchini into long strips. Rub olive oil on zucchini, season with salt and pepper.
- Heat the grill over medium-high. Add zucchini.
- While zucchini is cooking, mix together yogurt (or sour cream) dill, chives, lemon juice, garlic powder and salt and freshly ground black pepper (if you have it).
- Turn the zucchini after about 5-7 minutes until they've got nice grill marks. Cook for another 5 minutes.
- Take off grill, put on plate or platter and top with yogurt sauce. Top with more herbs if desired.