These Grilled Vegetable Skewers are the perfect easy summer side dish recipe. Ideal for your next bbq!
I can’t believe July is almost over! This summer feels like it has just flown by. I’ve done a pretty good amount of traveling so far and looking forward to a couple more trips coming up in the next month or so including beach camping, Vegas and then… China!
Even though here in Southern California we have almost a perpetual Summer atmosphere, there’s still something to be said for the months of June, July and August when you’re really in the Summer spirit. Maybe it’s just been ingrained in me since I was in school but those are the days I’m always trying to live my best summer life!
A summer life that of course includes grilled vegetable kabobs. The great thing about kabobs is that people can build their own, so if Sally hates mushrooms and Bill doesn’t like onions, then they don’t have to have them! And also, more mushrooms and onions for me, thx.
These are a super easy side dish, pretty low maintenance aside from chopping/skewering and really delicious! You really don’t need any seasoning as the grilling adds a sort of smoky flavor that just enhances the natural flavors of the vegetables! It’s my favorite.
Happy summering to all of you!Print
- 2 cups chopped: red bell pepper
- green bell pepper
- red onion
- portabella mushrooms
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Take chopped vegetables and slide them onto skewer. If using wooden skewers, make sure you soak beforehand to prevent burning.
- Rub skewers lightly with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place on a grill over high heat. Rotate every 3 minutes or so for 12 minutes or until vegetables have a good char on them and are slightly soft.